We are State of Texas licensed adjustors and provide inspection services for individuals, insurance companies and and other adjustors.
Your roof should be inspected every two to five years. Here in Texas roofs are typically considered on an accelerated aging time table because of the climate and environment. Typically a 20 year roof will be ready for re roof in 12 to 15 years within the Fort Worth / Dallas Metroplex. One of the problems that create the early need for new roofs is improper roof ventilation. If the ventilation is not up to par, the roof will age much faster and a typical 20 year roof could be ready for re-roof in 6 to 12 years. Ventilation problems can be corrected but roof damage can not!
Call Now 817-360-2505
We inspect for:
- Hail damage (dents in any soft metal , marks consistent with hail on the shingle)
- Wind damage (missing shingle or ridge. Loose shingles, zippers, and pulled nails)
- Age related damage (cupped shingles, brittle shingles, cracked shingles, singles that are degranulating, tree damaged shingles, and other mechanical damage to the roofing system.
- Proper ventilation (we will run calculation to determine if the intake and exhaust is in proper ratio for your specific roofing system )
Some things that may indicate you are in need of a new roof or roof repair are:
- Missing, loose, curled, worn, wind flapping or out of shape roofing material.
- Discolored paint or peeling both inside and outside the building may indicate the presence of moisture in the walls or attic.
- Proper ventilation (we will run calculation to determine if the intake and exhaust is in proper ratio for your specific roofing system)
- Excessive roofing sand or granules from shingles or roll roof in the gutters or along the drip line of the building.
- Discoloration both from weather and from algae (a type of fungus) can be signs of needing repair or replacement.
- Rusted or missing flashing.
Remember, leaks and moisture require immediate attention and repair. It may not mean the roof needs replacement, but if the moisture isn’t prevented from getting under the roof, not only the roof will need to be replaced before long, but there will be structural damage and damage in inside walls that will be much more costly to repair. So if you spot indications of moisture, do something about it right away!